Rectangular Chimney for Glory Hole and Circular Chimney
Image: Photo taken during 1945-1946 during the demolition of Number 3, 8 and 12 glasshouses. The rectangular chimney for the Crown glass glory hole is seen and the circular chimney which dealt with flue gases from Number 12 furnace. The chimney was built after Number 12 was converted to raw producer gas firing. The entrance to the furnace caves can also be seen.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 8 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »