Demolition of No 10 Glasshouse
Image: Photo taken during demolition of number 10 glasshouse in 1945-1946 on the south side of the works. Also see photos 17 and 18. It shows the glassmaking areas around the base of the cone, which was constructed in 1852-1854. Note the construction of walls and openings. Compare with numbers 13 and 14 of the exhibition, photos numbers 17 and 18.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 28 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »