Demolition of Glasshouses No 3, 8 and 12
Image: Photo taken during demolition in 1945/1946 of numbers 3, 8 and 12 glasshouses. Note the construction of pillars, arches, walls and roof. The Pressed Department, including the packing and sorting buildings were constructed on this site in 1946.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 23 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »