Demolition of Glasshouses No 3, 8 and 12
Image: Photo taken during demolition in 1945-1946 of numbers 3, 8 and 12 glasshouses on the south side of the works. It shows the type of construction of a glasshouse during 1852-1854. All dividing walls and roofs are supported by a series of pillars and arches.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 22 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »