Warehouses and Globe Department
Image: Photo taken during the 1945-1946 demolition of part of the south side of the works. In the far centre of the picture can be seen “the plain” from which position number 23 (photo 30) was taken looking in the direction at the spot from which this picture is taken. The buildings on the left are number 10 Rolled Plate Warehouses, and those on the right are the Globe Department. The road runs from “the plain” towards the camera and beyond to number 1 Rolled Plate Department, which was not demolished. Also see number 26 (photo 33) for the other end of this road which is “the plain”.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 32 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »