Demolition of No 12 Glasshouse
Image: Photo taken during the demolition in 1945-1946 of number 12 glasshouse. Note the inside of the cone with supporting pillars and the arches carrying the walls and cone. Under this cone was constructed the original coal fired furnace. The last furnace, built under the cone was in about 1928. It was a regenerative raw producer gas fired furnace and made Vita sheet glass.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 26 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »