Demolition of House Cone No 10
Image: Photo taken during the 1945-1946 demolition. The furnace under No 10 Cone was originally built for making sheet window glass, but later turned over to making Rolled Plate manufacture. Note particularly the pillars and arches supporting the cone. It was built in 1852-1854.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 18 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »