Rectangular Chimney built for Glory Hole
Image: Photo taken during 1945-1946 during the demolition of Number 3, 8 and 12 glasshouses. It shows the rectangular chimney built to serve the glory hole shown on photo 6 (number 5 of this exhibition). The chimney was an integral part of the glory hole and built immediately above it.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 7 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »