Demolition of No 10 Glasshouse
Image: Photo taken during the 1945-1946 demolition of number 10 glasshouse. It shows two of the pillars supporting the cone. The runner rails for carrying the ladle of molten glass to the rolling machines are shown. The pillars supporting the cone had to be stabilised by buckstaves owing to bulging.
Image from: Chance Brothers Glassworks, Smethwick Slides. Broadfield House Glass Museum, Kingswinford, Dudley (Slide and Transcript no 29 by Arthur Reeves).« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »