West View of Codenor Castle in Derby
Source: Samuel & Nathaniel Buck, Views of Ruins of Castles & Abbeys in England, Part 2, 1726-1739 (nd), Arts, Languages and Literature, Birmingham Central Library.
Text: Taken from the original source
To L.E.G.H. MASTER Esqr. owner of these Remains.
This Prospect is humbly Inscribed by his Obliged humble Servants
Saml. & Nath l. Buck.
This Castle in former times called Coutenour; belonged to ye Barons Grey, thereupon called Lords Grey of Codenor, from wch Family it came to ye Zouches by ye Marriage of Sr. Joes. De le Zouch, second son of Wm. L d. de le Zouch of Harringworth n th. Elz. Ye only Heir of Hen: Grey, ye last Lord of Codenor & at pres t. belongs to Legh. Master Esqr. S. B. delin. N.B. Sculp. 1727« Previous in this sectionNext in this section »