4872-0

Pearl button

Image from: Luckock Collection, Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery

A mother-of-pearl button, engraved with a ring of small bosses which surround a central, larger boss. This button, which is decorated with green pigment, was manufactured c 1795 and has a drilled brass swaged-in shank.

People:
Image courtesy of: Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery
Donor ref: 1953 F79

Download PDF Download PDF of article