4873-0

Pearl and red-sequinned button

Image from: Luckock Collection, Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery

A mother-of-pearl button, produced c 1795. Its central faceted amber-coloured stone is surrounded by an inner circle painted in green. This is in turn encircled by an outer cream-painted, indented circle, which is decorated with red tulip-shaped sequins. The button has a drilled brass swaged-in shank.

People:
Image courtesy of: Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery
Donor ref: 1953 F82

Download PDF Download PDF of article