4871-0

Pearl and mirror-glass button

Image from: Luckock Collection, Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery

A six-sided rectangular mother-of-pearl button with clipped corners. Concentric designs surround its central faceted mirror-glass stone. This button dates from c 1795 and has a drilled brass swaged-in shank.

People:
Image courtesy of: Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery
Donor ref: 1953 F78

Download PDF Download PDF of article