4877-0

Pearl and blue glass button

1700 - 1900 (c.)

Luckock Collection, Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery

A mother-of-pearl button, produced around 1795, and engraved with concentric designs. The inner section is coloured with red pigment, while the outer section is gilt. This button has a drilled brass swaged-in shank.

People:
Place:
Browse:   |    |  
Image courtesy of: Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery
Donor ref: 1953 F86

Download PDF Download PDF of article